This summary will hopefully save time and prepare the mechanic for the installation of a
serpentine belt assembly on a big block Chevy in a 1964 – 1967 Chevelle. These instructions
should be the same for all GM “A” body’s.
First, it will be necessary to order a set of conversion brackets from Kwik Performance to allow
for the installation of a serpentine belt bracket system. The best brackets to work with will be
from a 1994 truck small block or V6 set-up.
Here is a list of parts you will need to complete this installation in the GM “A” body.
1. Kwik Performance BBC Conversion Brackets (Comes with installation hardware)
2. 1994 Chevy 350 or V6 serpentine Belt Bracket set-up w/Alt, AC Comp & Water Pump.
3. Standard 1994 serpentine belt may work fine, but check for clearances
4. A Big Block Chevy Radiator is required for this car (model 1966 - 1967)*
5. Swivel Neck thermostat housing water outlet.
6. Upper Radiator Hose Part: Gates 20983
7. Lower Radiator Hose: Gates 20609
8. Hayden fan spacer: Hayden 3969
9. Fan: Flex-a-lite 1518 Gold Flex-a-lite Reverse rotation
10. A set of 1988-1999 454 BBC fan and crank pulleys from JEGS
Serpentine belt , Timing Belt
- Author : Ken Wall
- Generator : BCL easyPDF 5.10 (0420)
- Created : Sun Jan 25 12:22:36 2009
- Last Modified : 1369097302
- Total Pages : 3